Sunday, July 17, 2011

Blog 4

Blog 4


It’s Saturday afternoon at 3:45 here! Yesterday we swam twice, and in between practices me, Haley, Claire and Eva watched half of the first Pirates movie. In the morning, it was extremely sunny and hot, and the water was totally flat. However, by the afternoon the wind was blowing pretty hard, and the water had gotten choppy/wavy.. but I find that fun to swim in anyway  They are also still fooling around with the course, and finishing setting it up, particularly the turn buoys, which are really big (or at least bigger than any I’ve ever experienced). After dinner, we had a team meeting, and then I got a great massage from John.. and then me and Haley were able to find My Best Friend’s Wedding on T.V. (in English!, but with Chinese subtitles). We both passed out around 9 P.M. I’ve been waking up for a little bit in the middle of the nights, but have pretty much adjusted to the time change really well!
This morning we woke up, had breakfast, and went out to the open water course, where we had a pretty light workout, and that was our only practice of the day! After a great shower, we went into the team room and watched the same half of Pirates as yesterday (because Alex hadn’t seen it yet).. we had to stop for lunch, so we plan on finishing it tonight! After lunch, some of us took taxis to a mall about 5 minutes away! It was fun to walk around, and we saw some cool pastry and cake shops – I was so psyched when I saw these ADORABLE little pig cupcakes. Me, Alex, Claire and Haley then went to Starbucks and sat there for a while. It was our first venture outside of the hotel/race venue, and it was really nice to be able to get our first real ‘glimpse’ of China. We’re back at the hotel now, and me Claire and Haley painted our fingernails and toenails – I chose raspberry scented hot pink.. the guys almost passed out from the smell when they walked into the team room. Those of us who took the afternoon off are now just relaxing, watching TV (we found the Biggest Loser on TV!)
More and more teams/countries have been arriving, and meals are getting more crowded.. it’s really interesting to see all of the different teams, and hear SO many different languages being spoken all in the same room.
I’m getting completely distracted by The Biggest Loser, so this is it for now, but I’ll write again soon!
Hugs and Kisses from China!!

P.S. – for some reason, I’m the most prone to getting an extremely pronounced goatee/beard from the open water (dirt/particles/etc on my face).. it’s really cute, let me tell you. I get laughed at every time I finish a set/get out of the water

No comments:

Post a Comment